- This event has passed.
Bike Oregon Wine Country – Southern Route
August 2 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
As longtime lovers of cycling through Oregon wine country, Eola Hills Wine Cellars started Bike Oregon Wine Country (BOWC) in 1997. These fully supported and guided tours take cyclists along scenic backcountry roads, stopping for wine tasting along the way and concluding with a celebratory salmon barbecue feast, live music and wine tasting at our heritage estate winery in Rickreall. Rides are led by Eola Hills’ adventure-loving staff. Cyclists of all abilities are welcome. Short and long loops vary in difficulty, from easy to challenging, and range between 30-70 miles. Support vehicles offer a lift when needed and also serve as a carrier for any bottle purchases along the way!
We receive above and beyond support from our bike partners, The Bicycle Shop of Monmouth. Check them out to find out why they’re the best bike shop in Polk Co!
- 70-mile course.
- Each ride is capped at 100 riders.
- Tours start at $89/per person.
- Carbo-load breakfast with fruit, granola bars and local craft coffee purveyors.
- Check-in begins at 7 am in 10 minute slots to accommodate social distancing guidelines in our outdoor garden. Face masks are required.
- Departs from Eola Hills Wine Cellars in Rickreall at 7:30am, leaving in small groups.
- Regular rest stops are stocked with biker friendly snacks and fuel (fresh fruit, granola bars, water, sports drinks).
- Includes wine tasting at our participating lunch spot, and tasting cards from other local winery partners.
- Light gourmet lunch from Little Lois Cafe with additional water is provided at our winery partner location.
- Support vehicle to offer riders respite and wine purchase transportation.
- Gourmet Barbecue boxed meals from Willaby’s Catering, live music and wine tasting back at Eola Hills Wine Cellars at finish, 1:00 – 3:00pm.
- Limited tickets for friends of riders who are welcome to join in the feast with the BBQ-only reservation option. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
BBQ Box Options:
Teriyaki Glazed Salmon Bites NW salmon with teriyaki glaze served room temp with wasabi aioli.
The Very Best Grilled Chicken Breast Chicken Chicken breast marinated in rosemary, thyme, garlic and brown sugar and then grilled to perfection.
Vegan Wrap Crisp green, sugar snap peas, pepitas, broccoli, apple, carrots, grape halves, hummus and vinaigrette.
All served with:
Nicoise-Style Orzo Salad Orzo tossed with Nicoise olives, capers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, garlic and balsamic vinaigrette.
Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Berries (GF, Vegan) Fresh berries and melon
Rosemary-Honey Rolls with Whipped Butter
Fudgy Brownies (V)
In The News
- April 1, 2020 | Wine Country In Gear | Oregon Wine Press
- September 25, 2019 | Fall Food and Wine Festivals You Won’t Want to Miss | Wine Enthusiast