Since 1997, our Bike Oregon Wine Country tours have guided cyclists along scenic country roads in Oregon’s wine country.
As longtime lovers of cycling through Oregon wine country, Eola Hills Wine Cellars started Bike Oregon Wine Country (BOWC) in 1997. These fully supported and guided tours take cyclists along scenic backcountry roads, stopping for wine tasting along the way and concluding with a celebratory salmon barbecue feast, live music and wine tasting at our heritage estate winery in Rickreall. Rides are led by Eola Hills’ adventure-loving staff. Cyclists of all abilities are welcome. Short and long loops vary in difficulty, from easy to challenging, and range between 30-70 miles. Support vehicles offer a lift when needed and also serve as a carrier for any bottle purchases along the way!
We receive above and beyond support from our bike partners, The Bicycle Shop of Monmouth. Check them out to find out why they’re the best bike shop in Polk Co!
In The News
- April 1, 2020 | Wine Country In Gear | Oregon Wine Press
- September 25, 2019 | Fall Food and Wine Festivals You Won’t Want to Miss | Wine Enthusiast
To Be Announced!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- 45-mile and 70-mile course options, varying in difficulty.
- Each ride is capped at 100 riders.
- Tours start at $89/per person.
- Carbo-load breakfast with fruit, granola bars and local craft coffee purveyors.
- Check-in begins at 7am in 10 minute slots to accommodate social distancing guidelines in our outdoor garden. Face masks are required.
- Departs from Eola Hills Wine Cellars in Rickreall at 7:30am, leaving in small groups.
- Regular rest stops are stocked with biker friendly snacks and fuel (fresh fruit, granola bars, water, sports drinks).
- Includes wine tasting at our participating lunch spot, and complimentary tasting cards from other local winery partners.
- Light gourmet lunch from Little Lois Cafe with additional water is provided at our winery partner location.
- Support vehicle to offer riders respite and wine purchase transportation.
- Gourmet Barbecue boxed meals from Willaby’s Catering, live music and wine tasting back at Eola Hills Wine Cellars at finish, 1:00 – 3:00pm.
- Limited tickets for friends of riders who are welcome to join in the feast with the BBQ-only reservation option. Email email@example.com for availability.
Safety Measures & Social Distancing
- Cycling naturally allows for social distancing on the road. We will be staggering start times and encouraging riders to leave is small groups.
- Socially distanced seating available in The Gardens during the post-ride BBQ and at the lunch stop.
- Minimal contact meals provided with hand-sanitizer and hand-wash stations available.
- Rest stops will be wiped down and sanitized after each use.
- We ask that all riders wear masks while checking in, at rest stops when near other riders, while riding in SAG vans, while waiting for meals and while ordering at our Garden Bar or inside at Eola Hills Wine Cellars.
Q: Will Sag Vans be available?
A: Yes, as best we are able with social distancing measures. If you require a lift, please have your mask on while near other riders and staff.
Q: Are bikes available to rent?
A: Yes. Our sponsors, The Bike Shop in Monmouth, have five (5) electric bikes available for rent. You must reserve them ahead of time. Bikes will be dropped off and picked up from Eola Hills Wine Cellars.
Q: Are refunds allowed?
A: Typically, we do not offer refunds for BOWC. However, this is a unique year, so we are allow rides to be transferred to next year (2021) or to another rider with 24 hour notice provided to Eola Hills Wine Cellars. If we are required to cancel this event due to COVID19-related circumstances, all ride tickets will be fully refunded.
Q: Are BBQ & Live Music Only tickets sold separately?
A: Due to limited rider tickets, BBQ-Only tickets will be available on a limited basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.