Since 1997, our Bike Oregon Wine Country tours have guided cyclists along scenic country roads in Oregon’s wine country.
As longtime lovers of cycling through Oregon wine country, Eola Hills Wine Cellars started Bike Oregon Wine Country (BOWC) in 1997. These fully supported and guided tours take cyclists along scenic backcountry roads, stopping for wine tasting along the way and concluding with a celebratory salmon barbecue feast, live music and wine tasting at our heritage estate winery in Rickreall. Rides are led by Eola Hills’ adventure-loving staff. Cyclists of all abilities are welcome. Short and long loops vary in difficulty, from easy to challenging, and range between 30-70 miles. Support vehicles offer a lift when needed and also serve as a carrier for any bottle purchases along the way!
We receive above and beyond support from our bike partners, The Bicycle Shop of Monmouth. In addition to following along with sag support and ride-along medics, they provide bike rentals (including e-bikes), roadside tune-ups and emergency assistance.
- 45-mile and 70-mile course options, varying in difficulty.
- Tours range from $89 to $135. (2020 Details Pending)
- Carbo-load breakfast with donuts and local craft coffee purveyors.
- Departs from Eola Hills Wine Cellars in Rickreall at 8:00am sharp (please arrive by 7:30am)
- Regular rest stops are stocked with biker friendly snacks and fuel (fresh fruit, power/granola bars, water, sports drinks).
- Includes wine tastings at participating Willamette Valley wineries along the course.
- Light gourmet lunch with additional water is provided at one of our winery partner locations.
- Support vehicle to offer riders respite and wine purchase transportation.
- Gourmet Salmon Barbecue and wine tasting back at Eola Hills Wine Cellars at finish, 2:00 – 4:00pm.
- Friends of riders are welcome to join in the feast with the BBQ-only reservation option.
In The News
- April 1, 2020 | Wine Country In Gear | Oregon Wine Press
- September 25, 2019 | Fall Food and Wine Festivals You Won’t Want to Miss | Wine Enthusiast
Sunday, August 2 (Southern Route) | Registration Pending
Sunday, August 9 (Northern Route) | Registration Pending
Sunday, August 16 (Gravel Ride) | Registration Pending
Sunday, August 23 (Southern Route) | Registration Pending
Sunday, August 30 (Northern Route) | Registration Pending
Bike tech services and bike rentals provided by The Bicycle Shop Monmouth.